I spent some time with Gary and Paul yesterday. After hearing more of their amazing story of God’s grace and provision, it became clear that everyone needs to hear their story. I hope you can attend this Sunday. They are an amazing couple who is being used for a lot good in a really bad world.
Yes, cancer stinks. But God is bigger than cancer. Sunday you will leave uplifted and inspired.
If you know someone facing this horrible disease, please find the courage to invite them. They will leave better – I promise.
PS Don’t forget to register for Christmas in the Stable here. And it may not be a bad idea to invite another family. It’s the most unique event of the entire year.
Have you and your family attended the Christmas In The Stable at Deegan’s Ranch yet? If not, you are in store for an amazing evening. Because of the high number of people in years past, we had to expand the event to two nights (Friday, Dec. 14th and Saturday, Dec. 15th. Both at 6PM).
There is live music PLUS the reading of the Christmas story with actors and animals. Although the ranch is only 7 minutes north of Anthem Way, it will feel like you’re in the middle of nowhere!
The stars are bright, the air is cool, the spirit is warm and the animals are fun!
I hope you can attend and bring another family. It’s the perfect way to get into the Christmas mood AND introduce your friends to your church family. All will be welcomed!
Free registration and more details, click:
I believe that every follower of Jesus must experience a short term mission trip at least once in their lifetime. Why? Well, here are MY top ten reasons:
#10 Make new lasting relationships with others with whom you serve
#9 Learn to deeply respect others from different cultures than yours
#8 Overcome your fear of…
#7 Obtain God’s loving heart for the world
#6 See God working and Jesus exalted somewhere other than your small world
#5 Learn what is actually important to God (and what isn’t)
#4 Understand once and for all God’s call to “go unto all the world” (Matt 28)
#3 Be used by God in a way that you never dreamt possible
#2 Trust God on an entirely new level
#1 Watch your life change right before your eyes!
Whether you are gathering with family or friends or not, please allow me to help your heart be full. Your mind is already full and spinning – but we don’t have to allow our minds to dictate our hearts or your heart’s emotions.
The following are five ways to combat the craziness of life and give your heart a chance to win.
- Find a quiet spot in your house (the water closet, the garage or even a long walk to the mailbox) and reflect on God’s goodness. Fill your mind with the truth of on good God is. In spite of all the things happening in your world, be reminded of the fact that God has your best interest in mind…. No matter how it may feel.
- Reach out to a friend or family member (by text, phone, or letter) and remind them how important their friendship is to you. Ask for nothing. Have no agenda. Make no statement other than you value them for who they are and what they mean to you.
- Read Psalm 9:1 and tell someone close to you what God has done for you recently. Don’t choose someone who will think you’re nuts. Choose a person who also loves Jesus and will benefit from your words because you’re not looking for more tension – you’re looking for less.
- Send a gift (money, something simply sentimental, or bake/deliver a cake) to someone in need. Stop and consider the person in your life who needs an extra dose of care and make their day (or maybe their week).
- Stay off social media, turn the TV off and give people all your attention (even look into their eyes). Without a plan or agenda, see where it takes you. If it takes you nowhere, fine. If it leads to a significant conversation, great. No plan with no selfish exception. People used to do this a lot before the smartphone and it didn’t kill them. Try it.
Hope this helps make your holiday rich. If it helped, forward this onto some who could use it.
Are you willing to participate in a short term mission trip if God called you? Well, each of the signatures on this cloth have each told God that they’re “in” if He calls. In fact, several have already taken steps to learn more about upcoming trips next summer. Pretty awesome, huh? We think so too.
If you would like to sign YOUR name on this cloth, it will be in the church office all week before we frame it. It will be hung in the church office so we can remember to pray for each of these good people on a regular basis.
So, come on by this week. There is still room for your name!
What If I Need ToTalk To Someone?
- Need some help?
- Need resources?
- Request prayer
Are You Ready to Try Arizona Hills?
We would love to have you.